The University of Florida has released the following announcement about a new release of the SobekCM METS Editor that can be used to create Submission Information Packages (SIPs) compatible with DAITSS software:
A new version of the SobekCM METS Editor was just released for download and the source code will be released shortly on sourceforge.
If you are currently using a previous version of SobekCM METS Editor, be sure to UNINSTALL the previous version before installing this version.
This version includes the following changes:
· Added ability from the structure map to add file references ( i.e., URI ) to the METS. (External files)
· Added ability to recurse through subfolders within the resource folder and include files in subfolders in METS
· Added ability to import records via Z39.50 ( on 32-bit machines )
· Added ability to easily add wrapper divs in the structure map outside the resource ( commonly used for volume/issue information – used by FDA now as well )
· Updated the installer to be built by the open-source WiX Installer, rather than Visual Studio Installer
Let me know if anyone experiences any problems with this version.
Mark V Sullivan
Digital Development and Web Coordinator
Technology and Support Services
University of Florida Libraries